TEXT HERE

A View on Perspective



I love talking politics with my dad. He's truly a master of discussion. We have a lot of shared perspectives for the most part, but he likes to play the role of devil's advocate >> which usually causes me to get riled up and then we go hard in debate.
There's a part of him that finds it entertaining (I do too), but I've learned that the biggest reason he does this is because it’s his way of making sure I consider other viewpoints and perspectives that are different from our own. The intention is not right-fighting to make me switch "sides", but rather to prevent rigidity in my thinking and take me to greater levels of understanding.
He's correct. That's a critical practice for all of us.
His waxing philosophy to me the other night: "Sometimes you have to go to another mountain so you can hear your echo."
Love. Kyleigh

Would you like to comment?